Immigration to Thailand – Top ways to apply for the Right Thailand visa

It is often the case that a person who initially only wants to tour in Thailand eventually ends up wanting to stay longer. It doesn’t take the rocket scientist to figure out why. Its tropical climate, beautiful beaches, interesting culture, vibrant economy and friendly people make Thailand a real paradise, which is why thousands of expatriates have made Thailand their second home.

Interestingly, visa and immigration policies in Thailand appear to have been formulated in a way that takes into account the possibility of tourists wanting to stay in Thailand. If you are planning to visit the “land of smiles”, it is important to know what type of Thailand visa you must apply for. If you fall in love with this place, you do not have to leave your heart in Thailand because there are visas that can make your stay legal. The following are the different types of available Thailand visas:

1. Tourist visa

A love affair with Thailand usually begins with a Thailand tourist visa. If you are a citizen of the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or other western countries, you can apply for a 60-day tourist visa. This visa can be extended for another 30 days when you arrive in Thailand, giving you a total of 90 days.

2. Thailand retirement visa

If you are at least 50 years old and can demonstrate that you are financially able to support yourself in Thailand, you are eligible to apply for a retirement visa. You need to provide a monthly pension of THB 65,000 or THB 800,000 in a Thai bank account. The best way to do this is to apply for a non-immigrant “O” visa for 90 days in your country and convert it into a one-year retirement visa upon arrival in Thailand.

3. Thailand marriage visa

If you marry a Thai citizen and want to start a new life in Thailand, then you first need to make sure that your marriage is registered in the civil registry in Thailand. Other requirements include a Thai ID card for your husband and family registration. You also need to create your financial ability to support yourself by showing evidence of either a monthly income of 40,000 THB or 400,000 THB in a Thai bank. Just as with retirees, if you are planning to marry your fiancĂ© or fiancĂ©e, the best thing to do is to apply for a 90-day Thai non-immigrant “O” in your country before going to Thailand. You can extend your visa to Thailand visa for one year after two (2) months of arrival in Thailand.

4. Thailand work visa

If you are planning to invest or establish a business in Thailand, you must obtain a Thailand business visa. The best way to do this is to apply for a multi-entry Thai visa for one year while you are in your country. This visa will allow you to enter and leave Thailand for an unlimited number of times. Each entry gives you 90 days of stay. If you want to obtain a visa that will enable you to stay longer without leaving, you can apply for an extension of residence. You will be allowed to stay for a year without interruption. For this, you need to provide relevant financial documents and Thai company documents as well.